RING Certification Information
Overview of RING Certification
We use the terminology diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging (DEIB) in its current broadest sense but realize that some organizations may use “Diversity”, “Diversity & Inclusion”, ‘Diversity, Equity & Inclusion” or other conceptual variations depending on historical or hierarchical nomenclature.
The completed application will describe your organization’s commitment and dedication to DEIB via:
- A record of efforts to increase diversity, equity and inclusion within the organization;
- A formalized plan to continue and/or advance DEIB efforts in the future;
- Documented and demonstrated advocacy for employees’ participation in advancement of DEIB through participation in and/or attendance at conferences, seminars, and other diversity-focused activities;
- A financial commitment to support DEIB initiatives internally, other diverse organizations, and organizations dedicated to advancing DEIB in the profession and/or community; and
- A demonstrable, sustainable commitment to DEIB across 4 main pillars: Ownership, Workforce, Resources, Financials.
Certification will be verified using information provided by the applicant.
RING Certification Levels:
We have developed a matrix to determine the certification levels for each RING Certified organization.
- Platinum: 75% – 100%
- Gold: 50% – 74%
- Silver: 26% – 49%
- Bronze: Up to 25%
- Diamond: With each of the levels above, the applicant can receive the addition of Diamond if diverse ownership is more than 51%