Cole, Scott & Kissane, P.A.
Cole, Scott & Kissane, P.A.
Contact: Steven Hicks-Safra
Certification: March 26, 2021
MISSION STATEMENT: Cole, Scott & Kissane actively fosters diversity, inclusion and cultural competency throughout our law practice and client representation. Our commitment to a diverse law firm and inclusive work environment is paramount to the success of our firm and our communities. Diversity only enhances the depth and quality of the advice and services our business can provide. Our dynamic workplace encourages innovative ideas and these valuable perspectives help us with approaching services for our clients more creatively. We continue to focus on minority recruitment and supporting the community in which we live and work.
- Do you have a written diversity strategy that has been communicated to your employees? YES
- Do you tie a component of compensation to diversity efforts? YES
- Do you have a policy that specifically prohibits discrimination based on sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression? YES
- Do you provide opportunity for employees to voluntarily disclose their sexual orientation or gender identity and expression through your company’s data collective procedures? YES
- Do you have a policy that specifically provides for paid parental leave? YES
- Do you have an equality or diversity and inclusion policy? YES
- Do you have a policy that allows employees to work part-time without benefits? YES
- Do you have a policy that allows employees to work flexible hours? YES
- WORKFORCE DIVERSITY:
- Total Employees: 1350 with 541 attorneys
- Executive Management Diversity: 60%
- RESOURCE DEDICATION:
- Diversity and Inclusion Officers: Jennifer V. Ruiz, Esq. and Steven R. Hicks, Esq.
- Diversity and Inclusion Committee:
- Jennifer V. Ruiz
- Steven R. Hicks
- Richard P. Cole
- David Caballero
- Gina Jacobs
- Stephanie Vo
- Nicole Donnell
- Leadership within a Diversity Organization: YES
- Presenting a diversity-focused topic at a professional event
- On March 5-6, 2020, CSK held a Women’s Conference addressing Breaking Stereotypes in Litigation, with a focus on empowering, enlightening, and engaging women. The Conference celebrated women in the legal and insurance professions. We were pleased to have the Honorable Meredith L. Sasso, Fifth District Court of Appeal, as our keynote speaker. The Conference included several outstanding seminars including a presentation on Women as Negotiators, #Metoo Claims, and Women as Deponents, by various CSK attorneys. The conference concluded with a panel discussion focused on issues women face in the workforce.
- Publication of a diversity-focused article: YES
- Women and/or minorities that hold board positions in any other organization: YES
- Reporting on DE&I metrics: YES
- Attendance at diversity focused events: YES
- Diversity Training: YES
- On January 9, 2020, CSK held a Diversity and Inclusion Training hosted by InclusionNation in an attempt to solidify inclusive workplaces built for success and create spaces for dialogue, collaboration, and change. We are pleased to state that we had 100% attendance by all 1,350+ employees at the Firm (including attorneys and staff). All new hires are required to complete this training at the start of their employ.
- FINANCIAL DEDICATION
- Sponsorship of a Diversity Event: YES
- Membership payments for employees to join diverse organizations: YES
- Scholarship programs toward recognized diversity pipeline:
- Miami-Dade FAWL Foundation annual CSK Scholarship to next be announced at the Foundation’s annual Women Making History Award & Scholarship Reception in March 2021. The 2021 honoree was recently selected and is pending.
- Florida International University (FIU) Foundation CSK First Semester of Law School annual scholarship.
- University of Florida (UF) Minority/Diversity annual scholarship.
- Supplier/Business partner diversity program: YES
- Social Responsibility: Volunteerism and donation to causes promoting equity partnering outside DE&I Groups: YES
- How do you demonstrate your commitment to DE&I Organizations now and what are your future plans:
- CSK is a proud supported of the Board Association of Women Lawyers, Haitian Nurses Association, Human Rights Campaign, LGBT Task Force, NAACP, Pride Lines, and other DE&I organizations. CSK is committed to both minority hiring and promotion and have received recognition for the same through such organizations as Florida Association of Women Lawyers (FAWL) in receiving the “Good Guys Award.” CSK participates annually in the Minority Job Fair and the firm sponsors a minority school scholarship at Florida International University School of Law. In 2019, utilizing The National Law Journal and The American Lawyer as resources, CSK was recognized as the sixth most diversified major law firm in the country.
Categories: Law Firm, Members
Updated 5 months ago.